Senior Internal Auditor-Credit Risk
Company: Great Western Bank
Posted on: January 17, 2020
General Description and Essential FunctionsThis position will be
responsible for conducting internal audits with the potential of
leading audits depending on experience level. Internal audits
conducted will primarily include loan-related operational,
compliance, and financial audits, as well as tests of internal
controls over financial reporting. Candidates should have the
ability to obtain an understanding of the processes, risks and
controls of business areas audited; develop the scope and audit
objectives, develop audit programs, plan and schedule audits,
complete the field work, write audit reports, track audit issues,
and work with management to resolve any issues.
- Depending on experience, lead loan-related internal audits,
including planning, executing and reporting phases of the
- Conduct research and process walkthroughs of lending areas to
assist in identifying and documenting processes, risks and
- Develop audit objectives, scope and audit program based on the
risk assessment conducted.
- Perform audit tests and document work performed and
- Identify opportunities to use tools and techniques to improve
quality and efficiency.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of deficiencies noted during
- Assist in the monitoring of practices and changes within the
banking/lending industry and internal audit profession. Be able to
respond and adapt to new regulations.
- Become a resource for management throughout the Bank. Represent
Internal Audits goals, objectives and viewpoints.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting,
or related field.
- 1-7 years of Banking, Finance, or Audit experience. Salary
commensurate with experience.
- Knowledge of lending processes, including underwriting
practices, financial statement analysis, or cash flow
- Professional certification preferred or willingness to pursue
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral
and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and
complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Less than 20% travel.Job Expectations Respond to and resolve
customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a
prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times. Perform other
job-related duties or special projects as assigned.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Great Western Bank, Bellevue , Senior Internal Auditor-Credit Risk, Accounting, Auditing , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!