Associate Service Account Manager - Lincoln OR Omaha, NE
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: September 15, 2023
At UnitedHealthcare, we're simplifying the health care
experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to
quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of
people for the better. Come build the health care system of
tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable.
Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's
best work. SM
Associate Service Account Manager oversees and provides
administrative leadership for the student health plan offered by
university. This position is responsible for the operations related
to the University Student Health Insurance Plan. Associate Service
Account Manager serves as a liaison for students and their
dependents regarding their insurance coverage, oversees regular
communication between University Administration and students, and
serves as the primary analytical person as issues arise from the
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday.
Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8
hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am -
5:00pm CST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work
You will be expected to report to the following location 3 times a
- University of Nebraska -University Health Center at UNL
- 550 N 19 th St Lincoln, NE The following locations you will be
expected to report to work once per week:
- University of Nebraska Medicine- UNO Health Center
- 6001 Dodge St Omaha, NE
- UNMC- 984250 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE We offer weeks of paid on the job training. The hours
during training is to be discussed.
- Collaborates with the University Bursar, Registrar, IT Services
and Web Services departments to ensure smooth processes throughout
the insurance plan year.
- Coordinates the administrative aspects of a competitive bid
process for USHIP and the optional insurance plans.
- Maintains the University Student Health Insurance
Administration Tool, which tracks students' annual enrollment and
waivers into/out of USHIP
- Interface effectively with all the University customers
(students and/or their dependents, Administrators, and Student
Health Center staff,) while clearly presenting the University's'
position on all topics.
- Function as a day-to-day liaison between all entities by
providing walk in and telephonic customer service support to all
- Assist in resolution of any insured and/or provider billing
- Understand and educate students regarding current plan design,
policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate and attend on-campus service-related
functions/meetings, including Orientations, Health Fairs and In -
Service Information Sessions as needed as it relates to the student
health insurance plan.
- Effectively interface with all internal and external partners
toward the common goal of providing exceptional customer service to
the University students and Administration to ensure that the
Company's short- and long-term goals are met as it relates to the
student health insurance plan.
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of all phases of claims
processing, including enrollment management, the appeal process,
the pre - determination process, and contract interpretation of
plan benefits and policy provisions.
- Assist with the enrollment / waiver process. This assistance
may extend to researching eligibility issues but not approval or
denial of waivers.
- Assist in the development and distribution of pertinent
communications material to the Client and students related to the
student health insurance plan.
- Any other duties required by the University to assist with the
student health insurance plan. This role is equally challenging and
rewarding. Within a high volume environment, you'll need to model
and act as an Ambassador for the company while solving complex
health care inquires The Associate Service Account Manager acts as
a customer advocate to resolve escalated and complex issues.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma/ GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which
includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer
- Able to commute, and report to (University of Nebraska Omaha,
Medical Center location) once a week per location
- Ability to work 8:00am - 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given
the business need, to work occasional overtime. Soft Skills:
- Ability to multi-task including ability to understand multiple
products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to maintain positive engagement through written and
- Work Effectively in a Changing Environment
- Demonstrates diversity awareness
- Ability to improve the customer's experience
- Ability to conduct presentation within a public format, small
or large At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live
healthier lives and make the health system work better for
everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality,
age, location, and income-deserves the opportunity to live their
healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many
barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by
people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with
lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the
environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that
addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an
enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment .
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Bellevue , Associate Service Account Manager - Lincoln OR Omaha, NE, Executive , Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!