Company: Calvary Christian Church
Posted on: November 8, 2018
Reports to: Lead PastorDirect Reports: Finance Team (2 Administrative Assistants)Hours per Week: 40 (Office Hours, Monday-Friday, Friday's have remote-work options)
Position Summary: This position is designed to ensure integrity of Calvary's financial matters through proficiency in accounting, team leadership, effective process-building and solid reporting.
Contributions, Payments and Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Record deposit receipts weekly from contributions (Monday.)
- Provide giving statements to contributors as needed.
- Receive monthly kids and students offerings data from finance team, deposit and record.
- Create weekly income summary for Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor of Operations (EPO), Elder Chair &Vice Chair.
Bookkeeping and Data-Entry
- Using accounting software and finance team members, maintain a general ledger of expenses and revenue, balance sheet and other needed accounting data-points.
- Create and maintain Chart of Accounts.
- Complete month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Provide individual business expense reports to all staff with a Business Expense Allowance. Review to ensure submitted expenses are appropriate and resolve questions that may arise.
- Provide department and campus budget reports to department leads and work with leaders to re-classify expenses as needed.
- Create monthly finance report for Staff/Elder use and observation.
- Create and run donor reports in order to identify trends in giving patterns and other contributor research as requested by church leadership.
Payroll and HR
- Manage payroll for church staff ensuring funds are transferred and payroll data is entered each pay period.
- Manage time-clock process for part-time employees.
- Distribute payroll check stubs to Central and CB campus employees.
- Maintain personnel data within BambooHR, our online employee records portal. This includes compensation data, job descriptions/other document storage and time off information.
- Communicate with and function as point of contact for external business partners (Health Insurance, Property/Liability Insurance, Retirement, etc.)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly payroll tax forms and make necessary deposits, and prepare W-2's at year-end
Financial Reconciliation and Review
- Reconcile online giving transactions between Push Pay and CCB.
- Manage credit card transaction reconciliation, verifying receipts have been submitted for all transactions, review to ensure submitted receipts are appropriate, resolve questions that may arise or reclassify when needed.
- Review and initial all AP forms bi-monthly ensuring submitted expenses are appropriate and address any issues that may arise.
- Reconcile Bank Statements, Accounts and Fund Balances.
- Facilitate full and/or procedural audits with third-party representatives.
Budget Management and Preparation
- Assist the EPO with the annual budget process by providing data and resources to leaders to help make informed decisions.
- Along with the EPO, represent the Financial Team at the annual budget meeting (November.)
- Create systems and reporting to monitor the YTD expenses and income against approved budgets.
- Monitor and evaluate Calvary's financial processes.
- Look for and recommend spending and budget efficiencies in order to save funds where applicable.
- Act as the official, "Treasurer" in accordance with the local and state government.
- Facilitate annual giving statement mailing.
- Make recommendations and help implement best financial practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Core Competencies:The ideal candidate possesses and exhibits these competencies as part of their day-to-day lives and abilities.
- Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Financial Acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Job Requirements:This position requires a team member who is both equipped to handle multiple details and tasks at the same time and a self-starter. Must be willing to do ‘whatever it takes' and also what is best for the organization. Some light physical work may be required, but this specific position is sedentary in nature. The candidate must also support the mission of Calvary Christian Church and support the goals to which it strives to achieve.
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as an accounting/finance person in a church, non-profit or business environment. Possession of a degree in accounting, finance, or related field is required. (Extensive accounting/finance, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Quickbooks (or other similar software applications) Microsoft Office (including Excel), church database (Church Community Builder), and other related applications.
About Calvary:Calvary Christian Church is a multi-site, non-denominational church with five current locations in Bellevue, Papillion, and Glenwood (IA.) Calvary averages 2000 adult and kids each weekend in attendance and has an annual budget of $3.1M. We focus our ministry outreach efforts both globally and locally through a strategy we call, "One Life." This simply means that we equip and empower our church family to minister to those which they are already "doing life" with.
Keywords: Calvary Christian Church, Bellevue , Finance Director, Executive , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!