Part Time Lab Tech
Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold -, Brownberry - or Oroweat - bread?
A Thomas' - English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara
Lee -, Entenmann's - or Marinela - cake or donut? If the answer is
yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! The RQC Technician is part
of the Quality Systems Team. The general objective is to monitor
critical quality attributes of finished products and ingredients
for a group of bakeries according to the operative manual, record
and report on a timely manner results from analysis, inspections
and scoring sessions.The incumbent will be responsible for the
- Back Up of Regional Quality Center Technician.
- Comply with all company policies applicable to his or her
position (safety, code of ethics, policies and procedures)
- Coordinate logistics to get finished product and ingredient
samples from the bakeries in his or her region and from suppliers
- Will be responsible that all shipping costs are correctly
allocated, identified and reported in a timely manner.
- Receive samples as they arrive to RQC location, store them
according to the standards recommended in the RQC Operative
- Follow the program for the scoring sessions, analysis and
inspections released by the Sr. Quality Systems Manager.
- Apply consistently all analysis, scoring and inspection
procedures included in the Operative Manual for finished products
- Perform analysis throughout shelf life of the products.
- Document results and pertinent observations after each
analysis, score session or inspection.
- Communicate results and corrective actions to the
- Provides general guidelines regarding quality of the products
and ingredients to the bakeries.
- Keep regional center under his or her responsibility in world
class working conditions in terms of: consumable item supply,
order, housekeeping practices, equipment maintenance and
- Support bakeries and corporate - with different projects
- Provide feedback to the Manager to refine and improve the
programs, practices, procedures and recommendations in the day to
- Participate in weekly calls for alignment and
- Follow and apply in the day to day work the training programs
that are designed for his or her position. Bimbo Bakeries USA is
part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with
operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes
BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but
not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada.
BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.Job Requirements:The person applying for
this position must show:
- -At least 2-3 years laboratory/quality assurance in a food
- -Ability to work in an isolated location managed remotely with
occasional visits from RQC Manager.
- Willing to work shifts if necessary.
- Experience in scoring finished product.
- Basic computer skills or better in Microsoft excel, power
point, word, SharePoint and Outlook.
- B.Sc. in food science, nutrition, baking or grain science.
- Organized, comfortable following rigid procedures, disciplined
to follow schedules.
- Occasional traveling, mainly for training purposes.
- Ability to follow up, address problems/issues on time
- This person needs to be proactive, responsible, self -
motivated and self - managed Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal
opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment
opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color,
religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran
status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy
applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment,
hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge,
education, training and all other working conditions. To further
the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA
has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women,
qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and
special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Bellevue , Part Time Lab Tech, Healthcare , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!