Housekeeping-Environmental Svc Attnd - Bellevue Medical Center- Part Time
Posted on: May 16, 2022
UNIT DESCRIPTION:Join Sodexo's growing team of skilled
We are currently hiring for Housekeepers at Bellevue Medical Center
- 2500 Bellevue Medical Center Drive. Bellevue, NE 68123.
This position is a part-time position VARIED SHIFTS and is based at
the #1 Ranked hospital in Nebraska, Nebraska Medicine. *Position
requires working rotating weekends and holidays* We offer
differential pay for 2nd shift & weekend shift!
Pay Range- Starting at $16.54 per hour
The ideal candidate will have prior experience, high school diploma
or GED, age requirement of 18 or older, great customer service,
good working knowledge, maintain high standards, positive attitude
and the willingness to be open to learning and growing in the
Benefits include: FREE Parking, employee discounts, as well as the
opportunity to grow your career.
Sodexo, as the world's 19th largest private employer, puts its
employees at the heart of the company. Sodexo was founded in 1966
and is now the worldwide leader in Quality of Life services. For
over 50 years, we have developed unique expertise, backed by nearly
470,000 employees in 67 countries across the globe.
APPLY TODAY!Sodexo - Quality of LifeBenefits Eligibility: Part Time
Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the
resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we
offer benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs
and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts
(eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all
employees). Position Summary:The Environmental Svc Attnd- Sr may
work in any location on client premises. This individual serves as
the Environmental Services Attendent and cleans and keeps in an
orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of
commercial, health care, schools, universities or other
establishments. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Cleans offices, patients'/residents' rooms, dorms, classrooms,
schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and
any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways,
stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and
refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which
require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in
gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening,
stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls mattresses,
furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals
per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance
repairs or additions.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May participate in snow and ice management duties, including
the operation of snow removal equipment
- May be required to operate infection control equipment
- Assigns and checks work of lower-level employees.
- May be responsible for taking inventory and supporting product
- Assist in training employees.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance
policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years of related work experience.
- Must be able to direct staff and allocate
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the
efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond appropriately
- Possess valid driver's license if assigned to drive a
- Certifications: Blood Borne Pathogen Training.Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.Sodexo is an
Keywords: Sodexo, Bellevue , Housekeeping-Environmental Svc Attnd - Bellevue Medical Center- Part Time, Healthcare , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!