Library Systems Support Administrator
Company: Bellevue University
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Primary Function: The Library Systems Support Administrator is
responsible for providing technical support to students and staff,
managing and updating library web content, preparing usage
statistics and reports, and supporting the Assistant Director,
Library Systems with planning, implementation, and management of
Library Systems Support
- Assists the Assistant Director, Library Systems in their
efforts to operate the automation, communication, and online
systems within the library.
- Develops and leads projects related to the electronic operation
of the library.
- Customizes and coordinates LibGuides and research
- Generates monthly statistics and tabulates results to provide
accurate data necessary for the library s monthly, quarterly, and
- Compiles statistics for library databases, web properties,
tutorials, and more.
- Assists the Library Director in compiling and analyzing
statistics for the library s quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintains and updates troubleshooting guides and provides
training to staff.
- Provides technical assistance to students, staff, and faculty
- Communicates systems policy/procedure changes to evening and
weekend staff, and informs the Assistant Director, Library Systems
of technical issues that arise.
- Updates laptop software on a regular basis.
- Works directly with the Bellevue University service desk and
with vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Serves as back-up administrator for the Ex Libris Alma Library
Services Platform. Library Website Support
- Organizes and completes regular website updates, including
graphics and content for website spotlights
- Collaborates with the Assistant Director, Library Systems to
plan future website updates
- Tracks links and resource placement on library web pages and
reports findings to the Assistant Director, Library Systems.
- Builds collaborative relationships with other departments on
campus regarding website design and updates.
- Prepares graphics for website, digital displays, and print
- Develops and maintains library tutorials, including the Library
s BUILD IT Information Literacy tutorial. Miscellaneous
- Helps plan projects and events as they arise, and serves on
- Stays current with and applies the latest trends and
developments in the library, information, and technology
- Organizes and aids in organizing Library displays and programs
on a rotating basis.
- Contributes to the Library s newsletter More Than Books
- Contributes to the library social media outlets monthly.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities.
- Sustains a flexible schedule to accommodate staffing needs and
cross-training as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in library services, technology, or related
- Library experience preferred.
- Knowledge of library, technical support, and digitization
- Excellent customer service and written/verbal communication
- Experience with the use of personal computers and Microsoft
Office products essential.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and the Wordpress CMS
- Familiarity with Ex Libris Alma & Primo systems preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design
- Must be a self-starter, goal-oriented, and work towards
- Must have a pleasant personality and be able to deal with
difficult situations while maintain a businesslike manner. Working
- Works in a normal office environment with frequent walking,
bending, and/or standing (at least 50% of the time).
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of this job. This document does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions
participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make
information about the institution available to the public, current
and prospective students, and current and prospective employees.
The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at ,
provides readily accessible information to help consumers make
informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue
University s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at
, provides information about campus crime statistics and
institutional security policies and procedures as well as
information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety
policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the
Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling . In addition to this,
Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Keywords: Bellevue University, Bellevue , Library Systems Support Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!