Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: July 31, 2019
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer
located in Bellevue, NE. This position will support an advanced
targeting application for the United States Strategic Command. In
this role, you will have the dynamic opportunity to serve as a
technical lead on portions of the system as well work closely with
other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach
for new product development. As part of an Agile Scrum team moving
toward DevOps, the successful candidate will participate in the
full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined
parameters and will own the delivery of part of a system or
Leidos operates several software development factories in support
of various DoD, commercial, and Leidos-internal programs and is in
the process of adding to this network of factories to better access
geographically-distributed resources and expertise (e.g., AI/ML,
autonomy, DevOps, etc.). The Leidos Bellevue site is in the process
of integrating into this exciting network for software development
expertise, thereby potentially allowing local development staff the
ability to support various projects and customers.
- Support software development activities to include requirements
analysis, design, code and unit test, and integration.
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming
- Utilize your problem solving skills to troubleshoot production
issues related to software applications, systems integration,
compatibility and multiple platforms.
- Apply critical thinking skills to assist in the evaluation and
recommendation of application software packages, application
integration and testing tools.
- Provide software and systems integration support to the team's
onsite support representatives on base.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always
well-defined but always considers the customer first.
- Support the Program Manager in growing the NIDS team in
Bellevue to support USSTRATCOM and future contract efforts.
- Mentor and train junior staff in the art of software
engineering to develop quality software products.
- Work with the Leidos Project Manager assisting the Government
Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users
to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and
provide substantial value.
- Position requires an active DoD Top Secret security clearance,
with ability to obtain SCI.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or
related engineering/technical discipline with 8+ years of software
engineering experience; or a Master's degree with 6+ years software
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and
difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no
- Demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of software
engineers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using at least one high-level programming language
(Java (preferred), C++, C#, etc.).
- Proficiency with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS,
- Proficiency with web user interface including web application
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g.,
- Experience with continuous integration environments
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of distributed computing architectures
- Familiarity with the following server infrastructure products:
VMware / WebLogic Server
- Operating Environments: Linux / Windows
- Experience with one or more of the following development tools:
JDK / Oracle DBMS / Oracle WebLogic Server / SQLPlus / Eclipse
- Experience with Cesium
- Experience with GWT and GXT.
- Experience with Ansible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500-- information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues
of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December
28, 2018. For more information, visit .Pay and benefits are
fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft
compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do
for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .Leidos will
never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of
the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate
with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email
address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that
asks for payment-related information or any other personal
information, please report the email to .All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
Keywords: Leidos, Bellevue , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!