Lead Software Engineer
Posted on: August 2, 2019
Join our growing team and take your skills to the next level!
Leidos has immediate opportunities for Lead Software Engineers to
come work in Bellevue, NE. In this role, you will join a dynamic
team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions
to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive
environment. For consideration, you must be a US citizen and be
able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
As a leader, you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly
available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You
will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of
the software development life cycle including scope and work
estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs
based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource
constraints. The responsibilities for this position include all
aspects of the software development life cycle including scope and
work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated
testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous
- Participate in the full software development life cycle,
working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application,
and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical
design and approach for new product development
- Communicate progress against plan to senior engineers and
project managers, including identifying risks, opportunities, and
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well
defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web
scale systemsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a
DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or
related field and 4-8 years of software engineering
- Hands-on programming expertise with Java/C++
- Strong proficiency with basic web technologies including HTML,
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache
Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or
- Experience serving as a technical lead
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with a version control system (eg, Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (eg,
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows,
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management
System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, &
Keywords: Leidos, Bellevue , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!