Certified Medication Aide (CMA), part time all shifts
Company: Heritage Communities
Posted on: April 4, 2021
ID: 2330Location: Bellevue, NEDepartment: NursingWork hard, play
hard---what does that mean? At Heritage Communities our team
members' days are busy and full, as we strive to enhance the lives
of our residents. Yet, during each task and in between, you'll find
moments of connection, laughter at shared jokes, wisdom passed
along through advice and joyful interactions. If you're ready to
work hard and play hard, we invite you to apply today!
The Certified Medication Aide (CMA) provides high quality
healthcare services and programs to residents. The incumbent
provides superior resident care, complies with company policies,
local, state and federal regulations and supports the advancement
of our business strategy. The Certified Medication Aide promotes a
positive culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion,
Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated
behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion,
Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents,
families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies,
vendors and third-party providers.
- Assist with training associates and community for inspection by
regulatory agencies through regular quality assessments, accurate
and current record keeping practices, policy compliance, emergency
- Follow operational processes, procedures and best practices
that meet state requirements and ensure consistent processes are
applied throughout the community.
- Administer medication in accordance with physician orders and
- May provide resident assistance in some personal care and daily
activities such as grooming, meal, cleaning and laundry
- Assist in maintaining accurate and complete services plans,
medication records and files for each resident.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment
through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and
safe work practices.
Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience as medication tech in a senior living or
related industry role preferred.
- Must hold state required medication aide certification (CMA) as
applicable along with an acceptable record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups
including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at
various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of Compassion, Trust,
Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving
emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information
that involves HIPPA, residents, associates.
Work takes place in a typical office environment equipped with a
computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may also take place
in the outdoor environment.
Position may also involve exposure to latex, infections and
Must be able to assist residents with limited mobility, move
equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
intermittently throughout the day.
Keywords: Heritage Communities, Bellevue , Certified Medication Aide (CMA), part time all shifts, Other , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!