The mission of the Flatwater Group is to develop quality
business opportunities in both the government and private sectors
while providing clients with creative solutions, competitive
prices, and extraordinary customer service.
The Sales Representative is responsible for being a tactical
seller. This position will focus on multi-level relationships with
new and existing customers including networking with customers,
building strong relationships, obtaining information from various
parties to understand internal activities and find selling
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify leads, manage prospects, and acquire new business
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company's
services and pricing structure
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems,
developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to
establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision
- Emphasize the Company's service features and benefits, quote
prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare initial rate quotes to
support in-house operational personnel
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up
with key decision makers
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new
opportunities for revenue growth
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise
company of possible shipping possibilities
- Coordinate and interact with the Operations team daily to
ensure all customer needs are communicated to maximize freight
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports,
expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential customer lane
- Meet or exceed sales benchmarks and goals outlined in the
Company's Sales Initiative and/or directives provided by the
- Utilize the company's Transportation Management System (McLeod)
and log all sales data in CRM to track daily activity/loads
- Send weekly activity reports to the Logistics Manager to review
weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of
- Other duties, as assigned
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel may be required for this position from time to time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the trucking and transportation industry
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven
- Proven record of growing business and starting new
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly
- At least three years of sales experience required
Bachelor's degree in business administration, or related field
or comparable record of sales experience required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position.
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin,
religion, marital status or physical disability. However,
preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in
accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HUBZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native