Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Quality
Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney
NE facility. Relocation assistance will be provided for this
The primary responsibility of the Quality Supervisor is
to: Deploy the Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with the
Plant Quality Manager and provide overall quality leadership to the
organization. Be tenacious in driving the continuous
improvement efforts throughout the operation in support of Total
Quality Leadership, the Eaton Quality System and the Eaton Business
System. Provide support in Total Quality Leadership to
customers, suppliers, partners and the support service functions of
the organization. This position also manages the Quality
Assurance strategy of the organization to facilitate continuous
production of products consistent with established industry
standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be a driving force in ensuring a strong and committed culture
of quality throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement a Quality organizational structure
(utilizing the OCA) capable of supporting the strategic initiatives
of the region and lead the efforts to integrate quality needs into
the development of short and long range strategic business plans
for the operation.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation
and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs
and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This
includes the complaint management system and the corrective /
preventive action process related to customer issues – with
feedback to the region – and the coordination of customer visits
- Partner with the Supply Chain Management organization relative
to the Supplier Quality Assurance activities of the operation as
well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the
organization’s suppliers and partners. This includes the feedback
of supplier performance to suppliers and the division.
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement
tools and methods to support the continuous improvement activities
to insure compliance with the policies of the Eaton Quality System
and TS 16949.
- Participate as an equal member of the leadership team, all of
whom are responsible for the advancement of the quality goals and
objectives of the organization to insure the quality and
effectiveness of the product and processes utilized in the plant.
The end goal is complete customer satisfaction with product
quality, delivery and responsiveness to issues with the objective
of being proactive and preemptive.
- Support the initiatives of the operation in the development,
implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality
Management Systems/ Eaton Quality Systems and OpA throughout the
organization, with all the documentation required. This includes
providing advanced quality planning support in the development and
launch of new products, processes and services.
- Support the internal Quality System Audit program for the
organization and lead the corrective action system in HB in
conjunction with the management review process.
- Gather and analyze key organizational quality metrics related
to the Balanced Scorecard (Customer complaints/CONC/ CTQ) and
perform periodical reviews to evaluate trends and results and
establish action plans to provide the necessary improvement at an
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process
specifications to determine present standards and establish
proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished
- Manage the performance and provide career development
opportunities to direct reports through the utilization of the OCA
and Talent Hub. This includes on- going coaching and feedback
to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Identify, design and/or implement quality assurance training
programs for key personnel in conjunction with the Eaton Quality
System to satisfy the needs of the organization.
- Participates on the Material Review Board as well as authority
for Special Process MRR.
- Is a customer representative
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum five (5) years’ combined experience in a quality,
manufacturing and/or engineering role within a manufacturing
- Minimum one (1) year of experience managing people and/or
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
company sponsorship both now and in the future
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in
Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in managing a quality function and building
organizational capability in that function
- Prefer Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt certification.
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM), ASQ Certified Quality
Auditor (CQA)and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Advanced technical knowledge in product design functions,
manufacturing processes, inspection, metrology, metallurgy,
statistical methods, and quality auditing.
- Master’s degree in engineering, industrial management, quality,
or business from an accredited institution as a plus.
Position Success Criteria:
- A demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous
improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic
planning and project management.
- Proven track record of leading and managing quality initiatives
that have resulted in improved productivity and reducing cost of
non-conformance in a manufacturing setting.
- Expertise with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Project
Management, Organizational change management, Quality Management
System standards (i.e. ISO/TS 16949:2002, etc.)
- Interpersonal communication skills and leadership development
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from
within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time