Company: Bellevue University
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Primary Function: This position is responsible for determining
the accurate amount of transfer credits applied toward a University
Degree and conducting official degree audits of undergraduate and
graduate students with a high degree of efficiency and
effectiveness. Proficient in delivering student data integrity
required to maintain general business operations
- Apply critical thought across disparate systems to conduct
transcript evaluations for both undergraduate and graduate students
in compliance with BellevueUniversity transfer practices and
policies, articulation and transfer agreements to develop Transfer
- Researches various reports, including unofficial or official
transcripts, grade reports, exam reports, mark sheets, certificates
diplomas, degrees, tests (CLEP, Dantes), course catalogs etc. from
other academic awarding entities.
- Works with various sources and departments, including
Admissions Counselors, Registrars office, course descriptions,
reference materials, conversion charts, etc., to ensure evaluations
are accurate and consistent.
- Provides customer service by resolving inquires and requests
via telephone and e-mail from internal and external customers.
Responds, investigates and/or resolves inquires and issues or
escalated to appropriate vendor or person to be resolved.
- Records and maintains data in multiple University systems while
ensuring timely and accurate information for use by functional
- Review student audit files to determine if degree requirements
have been satisfied and sends student file to final degree
- Coordinates Sub/waiver requests to determine if course work
will transfer to the student's advisement report and update the
report when appropriate.
- Review Student Transcripts to determine if admittance or
graduate degree requirements can be waived and notifies Admissions
Counselors and/or Academic Advisor of completed degree plans.
- Protects and maintains confidentiality of student academic
information and personal identifiable information in accordance
with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Marginal Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications/Skills:
- Satisfactory completed post-secondary credit or a minimum of
one (1) year of previous academic evaluation experience
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with
respect to matters of significance
- Minimum of one (1) year data entry experience required.
- Investigative aptitude
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills with the
ability to ensure accurate work.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent verbal,
written and interpersonal communication skills is required.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of team
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Office
software programs, with intermediate skills in Excel and database
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Works in a normal office environment. NOTE: The statements
above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions
participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make
information about the institution available to the public, current
and prospective students, and current and prospective employees.
The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at ,
provides readily accessible information to help consumers make
informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue
University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at
, provides information about campus crime statistics and
institutional security policies and procedures as well as
information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety
policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the
Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling . In addition to this,
Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Keywords: Bellevue University, Bellevue , Evaluation Specialist, Other , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!