Generalist Human Relations
Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or
Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps
snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If
the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
#LI-SO1 Position Summary: The Human Relations Generalist (HRG) is a
Champion of People, Diversity and Inclusion. The HRG will support
multiple plants, Plant Managers, local leadership and hourly
associates on three shifts. The HRG is responsible for the HR
function providing best in class services that facilitate greater
effectiveness throughout the bakeries. HRG's have strong labor
relations, proven HRG skills that will engage the business. HRG's
have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link
business objectives back to organizational effectiveness. Key Job
- This position requires travel. The HRG is responsible for the
HR functions in multiple plants or locations.
- Human Relations Generalist-HRG is a Change Agent and a Business
Partner to their Plant Managers. As an HR Professional, the HRG is
responsible for the ownership of all initiatives for the plants
that are related to the Human Relations Function.
- Administration: Assist in managing headcount, turnover, exit
interviews, and HR invoice processing. Maintain current job
descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing
and organizational needs.
- Associate Learning & Development: Conduct new associate
orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as
DSDE, 2020 GB Leader, Diversity and Inclusion, Labor Relations and
Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation
training and additional training needs assessments as needed by the
- Associate Programs: Administering the annual Benefits Open
Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, Pulse quarterly
survey, etc. and answering and responding timely to associates HR
- Associate Relations: Assisting HR Manager with developing and
implementing effective positive associate relations programs and
administration of rewards & recognition.
- Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact in the
plants to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed
through Centralized Recruiting and hourly positions through the
Centers of Implementation. Maintain, deliver andcontinuously
improve an effective on-boarding program for new hires aligned with
corporateand local requirements driving retention of top
- Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly
staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by
managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for
hourly level positions and salaried positions within the
facilities. In the absence of the HR Manager, required to interview
all salaried candidates. Responsible for compliance management for
the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration
and selection process).
- Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the plants in
regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans,
midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession
- HR/Organization Consulting: Required to live, engage in, and
coach others on the E4 Behaviors. Change management facilitation
and organizational consulting with all levels of associates
supporting our Manufacturing Transformation goals.Manage the
maintenance of HR files and I-9's for compliance.
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the
people managers to determine appropriate course of action with
regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety and/or
attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and
participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and associates.
Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance
- Policy Management:Administer and interpret company Policies and
CBA's representing the organization (and/or assisting the HR
Manager) in personnel and employment law compliance related
investigations, grievances and hearings, etc.
- Standard Leader Work: HR Business Partner supporting
- Systems:Manage monthly HRIS audits and Requisitions. Create and
report out onHR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to
- Assist and support all HR activities/other duties as needed. *
effectively to direction i; works primarily as an independent
contributor. Job Requirements Education and Work History: Bachelor
Degree in business or related field preferred. Ideal candidate will
- 3+ years progressive human resource generalist experience in a
manufacturing environment preferred.
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Labor Relations experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to be coachable and trainable for
cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation
for future progression.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen,
creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be requestedto
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Bellevue , Generalist Human Relations, Other , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!