Student Records Specialist
Company: Bellevue University
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Primary Function: The position is responsible for performing
data entry, maintaining the accuracy of academic records, and
providing customer service to students, faculty, staff, and
- Maintains (add, deletes and updates) data in database
- Ensures accuracy of information for use by functional
- Works with students, faculty, staff, and visitors via email, on
the phone and in person to ensure timely response to
- Tracks receipt of incoming documents and distribute
appropriately; processes outgoing correspondences and documents
according to established policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned
- Prints and prepares various reports as requested.
- May provide support to other Registrar areas as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, good organizational
skills with the ability to ensure accurate work.
- Minimum of two (2) years data entry and customer service
experience is preferred.
- Maturity of judgment under pressure and the ability to identify
and resolve problems without delay.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent verbal,
written and interpersonal communication skills is required.
- Ability to work independently, but as part of team
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft XP and Office
software programs, with intermediate skills in Excel and database
- Protect and maintain confidentiality of student records and
personally identifiable information, in accordance with Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Frequent use of PC.
- Works in a normal office environment.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of this job. This document does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions
participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make
information about the institution available to the public, current
and prospective students, and current and prospective employees.
The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at
provides readily accessible information to help consumers make
informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue
University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at
provides information about campus crime statistics and
institutional security policies and procedures as well as
information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety
policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the
Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In
addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Bellevue University, Bellevue , Student Records Specialist, Other , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!