Database Administrator Senior Technical Specialist
Posted on: March 17, 2023
This position leads a team responsible for installing, configuring, securing, and optimizing complex enterprise database deployments in support of Mission Systems at USSTRATCOM. These systems are subject to strict uptime requirements and secured per stringent DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
Essential Job Functions
* Mentor team members by assisting with troubleshooting of technical issues
* Assist manager in developing a training plan for each team member
* Troubleshoot highly complex technical problems both individually and with a team
* Provide team member assignments to adequately support the multiple required Mission Systems
* Reviews technical designs, reports, documentation, and other materials produced by team members
* Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements
* Ability to effectively communicate technical details verbally and in writing to customers and senior leaders
* Remediate technical problems by collabortating with members of the Database team and other lines of service
* Address urgent issues including system malfunctions, break/fix tickets, and user login issues
* Coordinate system downtime requests by discussing requirements with the team and the government customers
* Willing to support regular after hours work requests and on-call duties
* Develops and enforces database administration and user standards and procedures
* Researches and implements new database technologies and products
Benefits: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
* BS 12-15, MS 10-13. Phd 10+
* Broad understanding of database technologies and best practices
* Experience with administering database systems, such as Oracle Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) in a Linux environment
* Experience following DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
* Must obtain and continue to maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP) within 6 months of hire
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations
* Red Hat Certified Systems Adminitrator (RHCSA)
* Oracle Database Administration 2019 Certified Professional
* Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional
* Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database 12c: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administrator
* Oracle Certified Professional Oracle Database Security Expert Certification
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
Colorado Salary Minimum: $92,600
Colorado Salary Maximum: $224,800
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Keywords: Peraton, Bellevue , Database Administrator Senior Technical Specialist, Other , Bellevue, Nebraska
here to apply!