Help Desk Support Specialist
Posted on: November 27, 2018
Job SummaryLevel EntryJob Location NE: Bellevue Data Center - Bellevue, NEJob Category Information TechnologyDescription The Help Desk Service Specialist is responsible for providing a quality customer experience to all HDS customers. Solutions supported by the HDS include incident management, desktop support and proprietary application support to customers globally. The Help Desk Service Specialist is the escalation in incident resolution and collaborates with Service Analysts to provide industry leading service all HDS customers.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values.
- Contacting customers via phone, instant messenger or email for issue resolution.
- Troubleshooting customer and internal hardware/software issues through resolution.
- Provide remote installation support and application repair.
- Connect laptops/desktops to network drives and printers.
- Understanding of client business impact on incidents and service requests.
- Takes ownership of all incidents and events until resolution and closure.
- Take proactive steps to making sure client is up to date.
- Detailed and consistent documentation of incident or event notes in SolutionsDesk.
- Liaise with the Support Specialists to provide clear and detailed communication to customers regarding incidents.
- Assist in building and maintaining HDS knowledgebase to ensure rapid resolution of incidents.
- Maintain the highest level of professional accountability.
- Assist in training and knowledge transfer among all HDS team members.
- Perform Spyware and Virus scans and removal.
- Configuration of internal workstations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MCDTS, A+ and Server + preferred but not required.
- Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job Responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer applications.
- 2- 5 years of technical and client support in an information technology environment.
- Basic experience in communicating IT technologies, issues and solutions to clients with varying levels of technical knowledge and understanding.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure in a face paced client driven environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft operating systems, including Windows XP to current generations.
- Knowledge of MS Server Operation Systems; Microsoft Active Directory.
- Understanding of basic networking, its components and how networking operates.
- Experience supporting and maintaining Microsoft Windows and Windows compatible applications.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN concepts and how to troubleshoot.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and differentiate between hardware and software problems and work to resolution.
- Familiarity with UNIX and related operating systems is a plus (Solaris, Linux, BSD, etc.).
TierPoint is committed to reviewing the talents and experience of each applicant compared to the specific job opening. TierPoint believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, protected medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status covered by applicable local, state or federal law. We give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals. If you have a disability and are unable to use our employment tools to search for opportunities with us, you may request a reasonable accommodation. This option is reserved for candidates who need support applying to TierPoint as the result of a disability, and not intended for other use. All employees are required to abide by this policy. IND123
Keywords: Tierpoint, Bellevue , Help Desk Support Specialist, Other , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!