Help Desk Support Specialist (16743)
Posted on: July 5, 2019
The Help Desk Service Specialist is responsible for providing a
quality customer experience to all HDS customers. Solutions
supported by the HDS include incident management, desktop support
and proprietary application support to customers globally. The Help
Desk Service Specialist is the escalation in incident resolution
and collaborates with Service Analysts to provide industry leading
service all HDS customers.
* Provides quality internal and external customer service
surrounding the Company values.
* Contacting customers via phone, instant messenger or email for
* Troubleshooting customer and internal hardware/software issues
* Provide remote installation support and application repair.
* Connect laptops/desktops to network drives and printers.
* Understanding of client business impact on incidents and service
* Takes ownership of all incidents and events until resolution and
* Take proactive steps to making sure client is up to date.
* Detailed and consistent documentation of incident or event notes
* Liaise with the Support Specialists to provide clear and detailed
communication to customers regarding incidents.
* Assist in building and maintaining HDS knowledgebase to ensure
rapid resolution of incidents.
* Maintain the highest level of professional accountability.
* Assist in training and knowledge transfer among all HDS team
* Perform Spyware and Virus scans and removal.
* Configuration of internal workstations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* MCDTS, A+ and Server + preferred but not required.
* Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library
* Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work both independently and with others.
* Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative
environment with tight deadlines.
* Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer
* 2- 5 years of technical and client support in an information
* Basic experience in communicating IT technologies, issues and
solutions to clients with varying levels of technical knowledge and
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
* Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
* Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure in a
face paced client driven environment.
* Familiarity with Microsoft operating systems, including Windows
XP to current generations.
* Knowledge of MS Server Operation Systems; Microsoft Active
* Understanding of basic networking, its components and how
* Experience supporting and maintaining Microsoft Windows and
Windows compatible applications.
* Understanding of LAN/WAN concepts and how to troubleshoot.
* Strong ability to troubleshoot and differentiate between hardware
and software problems and work to resolution.
* Familiarity with UNIX and related operating systems is a plus
(Solaris, Linux, BSD, etc.).
TierPoint is committed to reviewing the talents and experience of
each applicant compared to the specific job opening. TierPoint
believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment
opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or
applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, protected
medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information,
or any other protected status covered by applicable local, state or
federal law. We give full consideration to qualified disabled
individuals. If you have a disability and are unable to use our
employment tools to search for opportunities with us, you may
request a reasonable accommodation. This option is reserved for
candidates who need support applying to TierPoint as the result of
a disability, and not intended for other use. All employees are
required to abide by this policy. IND123
Keywords: Tierpoint, Bellevue , Help Desk Support Specialist (16743), Other , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!