Company: American Broadband
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position Purpose/SummaryTo install, test, and maintain
Broadband, telephone, video, wireless internet, and FTTx services
to American Broadband customers.Primary Duties &
- Install new Broadband services, including but not limited to,
videos service, wireless internet, cable modem, DSL, telephony, and
FTTx services in ILEC and CLEC communities.
- Responds to service orders for troubles, upgrades, removals, or
changes to a customer's residential or business broadband services,
which includes IPPX systems, telephony, video, internet, and
- Ensures that all service orders, troubles, and locates that are
assigned to him/her are closed out daily in MACC.
- Perform customer education and up-sell services as part of
normal installation procedures.
- Trouble-shoot video/telephony/broadband issues from CPE to the
first active, telephone issues from CPE to Central Office/Network
Equipment, FTTx issues from CPE to PON, and wireless issues from
CPE to tower.
- Test existing service, locate defective cable, wiring or
equipment and repair.
- Communicate with customers to answer questions and respond to
- Bury, hang, activate, install, and bond/ground service drops in
accordance to company guidelines.
- Maintain timesheets, vehicle records, company issued test
equipment and any company property/equipment.
- Ensure company inventory is maintained and reported for items
utilized by technician.
- Perform RF signal leakage monitoring, document leaks and report
- Assist Lead Technicians with replacements, extensions, and new
- Responsible for the clean-up of customer property after any
project or job by technician.
- Responsible for locating fiber, coax, telephone and marking
- Attend Safety and Technical Training as required.
- Understanding and strictly adhering to the Company's Customer
Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) policy while appropriately
maintaining the confidentiality of customer records.
- Understanding how all departments contribute to the success of
the organization and referring customers and employees to the
appropriate department to best fulfill their needs.
- Building and maintaining a good rapport and cooperative
relationship with customers and co-workers while taking ownership
of responsibilities and being accountable for his/her own
- Being an advocate for Company programs and special evets while
taking initiative to participate and volunteering readily when
- Performs all duties associated with OSP inventory.
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities
assigned.Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner
through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with
customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work
independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to use various hand tools, test equipment, and operate
heavy equipment for underground & aerial plant.
- Must have basic math skills and understand and use simple
formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules,
wiring diagrams and measuring instruments.
- Able to use SL meters, Volt/OHM meters, DSL meters, light
meters and TDRs to effectively to solve problems.
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with CPNI regulations
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging
others to seek innovative approaches and the ability to function
effectively as a team player.
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn
as programs and processes change.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous telecommunications experience (preferred)
- Previous customer service experience (preferred) Working
- Must have valid driver's license
- Work in an outdoor environment year round, exposed to
- Must be able to work after hours/OT and be able to accept
special projects as directed.
- Travel and overnight stays as needed.
- Perform on-call duties when scheduled
- Work frequently in cramped work spacesAmerican Broadband, and
all subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees. PI181517289
Keywords: American Broadband, Bellevue , Broadband Technician, Professions , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!