Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req28893 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold(R),
Brownberry(R) or Oroweat(R) bread? A Thomas'(R) English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee(R), Entenmann's(R) or
Marinela(R) cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know
Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
The Maintenance Mechanic safely performs preventive maintenance
procedures on bakery processing equipment and building maintenance
to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability.Top Reasons to Work
at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Great pay! Up to $30.50/hr!
- Union Position/Low-cost health benefits!
- Opportunity to advance
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Safe, healthy, and friendly atmosphere Key Job
- Support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal
of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary
to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on
production machinery and facility support equipment.
- Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose
machine malfunction and validate work performed.
- Ensure safety by following all company policies including
safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), personal safety standards, food
safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
- Troubleshoot equipment as well as plant electrical/mechanical
systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
- Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted.
Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work
orders, detailed logs and have good communication skills across all
- Assist with equipment change overs and line startups,
troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Identify required parts, maintain current inventories and parts
- Assure that all products are manufactured to the highest
standard of quality.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement, also provides
suggestions to improve processes and participates on team
- Continue to grow maintenance and leadership skillsets through
assigned training. Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Must possess basic computer skills to process work orders and
associated maintenance documentation.
- Able to understand basic principles of robotics (Identify axis,
- Able to develop equipment competencies in at least three
functional areas of the bakery within 500 days of hire.
- Able to read and interpret electrical prints, schematics,
- Able to train and teach Electrical (AC) skills (Up to 480VAC
circuits) (Single and 3 phase), and Mechanical skills.
- Able to troubleshoot, maintain and repair Steam/Humidification
circuits, PLC components, operation of chillers, servomotors,
electromechanical systems, pumps, electrical motors, combustion
systems, pumps, bearings, seals, gaskets, compressed air systems,
basic plumbing/piping, boilers, gearboxes, sprockets/chains, belts,
crutches, brakes, power transmission, replace and program
- Able to use all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop
- Able to read and interpret documents in English such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals and
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Able to work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment on
assigned projects/ tasks and report to supervision the status of
each as needed.
- Must be able to work shift schedules plus overtime as dictated
by the needs of the business, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to demonstrate practical problem-solving skills.
- Able to collaborate with team members.
- Able to develop Maintenance skills through assigned
- Able to learn and apply the principles of the BBU Maintenance
and Manufacturing Standards, including lean tools, concept of
continuous improvement, Reliability, process capability and
- Able to identify and record department KPI data. Job
Requirements Education and Work History:
- HS Diploma/GED preferred. Physical Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to lift 50-80 lbs. Performs highly repetitive motions,
stand for eight plus hours, talk, and hear.
- Ability to Climb ladders, stairways, use a manlift/scissorlift
at ceiling heights or above with proper safety equipment and work
in non-air conditioned environment.
- While performing job duties, the associate will frequently
walk, use hands to feel or handle, and to reach with hands and
arms. Frequent exposure to oils and greases or coolants.
- While performing job duties, the associate will occasionally
sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and smell.
Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; high,
precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather
conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR(R) Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Bellevue , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!