Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Are you a responsible person who enjoys working outdoors? Are
you a motivated self-starter, who takes pride in the work you do?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, then we have an
excellent opportunity for you!
Colonial Pointe at Fairview Apartments is currently seeking a
Grounds Technician who has a keen eye for detail, a proactive
attitude and takes pride in their accomplishments. Grounds
Technicians are responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness
of a section of the apartment community, including parking lots,
grounds surrounding the buildings, corridors, stairwells, laundry
rooms, and mechanical rooms, if applicable.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Collecting and removing trash as needed.
- Weeding of beds using appropriate tools.
- Monitoring the irrigation system to ensure all grass areas are
- Repairing or replacing sprinkler heads and lines as
- Reporting any unhealthy lawn, trees, shrubs, and plants to
- Edging around trees and landscape borders to maintain a neat
- Raking grounds and blowing or sweeping sidewalks, and parking
lots, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.Requirements,
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with
residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds above shoulder
- Ability to push or pull up to 80 pounds variable
- Ability to complete daily duties in a timely and accurate
- Ability to access all areas necessary to perform job duties,
such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing,
squatting, twisting, and bending for long periods of time.
- Ability to shovel snow and/or clear ice from walks, driveways,
or parking lots and spread salt in those areas during snow
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or
below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seeking a responsible individual who enjoys working
- Experience in irrigation is a plus!
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances, such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid
driver's license.Employees are required to be honest and
trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check
to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancementCompensation: Starting at $13.82
per hour or higher, based on experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek
diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and
advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national
origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Bellevue , Grounds Technician, Professions , Bellevue, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!