Company: Dollar General - Blair Warehouse
Location: Weeping Water
Posted on: September 12, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY:--Responsible for the expedient and accurate
handling of merchandise into and/or out of the warehouse facility.
General warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of
warehouse operations, but position supports all areas of the
warehouse as needed.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Moves incoming or outgoing merchandise throughout the
distribution center by hand, hand truck, or forklift
- Checks, verifies and audits merchandise to ensure that ordered
merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered
and not damaged or defective; enters data into remote data
- Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise onto
- Replenishes pick areas as identified by replenishment reports
and various requests for merchandise.
- Fills merchandise orders from stores by selecting and moving
merchandise from pick slot to conveyor.
- Loads outgoing merchandise from conveyor and/or four-wheel
truck into trailer.
- Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues to
- Partners with supervisor to resolve problems or
- Meets safety, productivity and quality standards.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as
assigned.--KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Communication skills sufficient to communicate with co-workers;
to understand and provide directions; to respond to management
inquiries; and to make entries on reports and records
- Basic knowledge of simple math concepts
- Ability to use a Radio Frequency Unit
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of use and operations of
motorized merchandise movement equipment
- Ability to maintain annual certification requirementsEXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in an automated distribution center
- Experience with warehouse management systems applications
- Continuous lifting of merchandise up to 65 pounds on a regular
basis, and occasional team lifting of merchandise up to 85lbs
- Continuous walking, including long distances and up and down
- May work at heights up to 30 feet above ground
- Standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching, and
pushing and pulling using hands and/or arms on a repetitive basis
above and below the shoulder level
- May work continuously up to 12 hours
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold conditions as well as dust
Keywords: Dollar General - Blair Warehouse, Bellevue , Warehouse Associate, Professions , Weeping Water, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!